Our corporate and commercial law team is headed by Jeff Taylor who joined us in 2009 after 13 years at international law firm Eversheds.
We are able to support a wide range of businesses, ranging from start-up businesses deciding on the best legal structure through to established owner-managed businesses and UK subsidiaries of national and international companies. As well as businesses, we act for banks, accountants and investors, advising them and their clients on fundraising and investment/divestment decisions.
Our growing experience was recognised in 2010 when we gained a place in the prestigous Legal 500 publication ranking us among the very best in the country. In 2011 and 2012 we increased our ranking and our team is proud to be in the top 10 in the West Midlands for Corporate Law.
Don’t just take our word for it read what others say by clicking on the business client feedback link.
Typically our support covers the following areas:
- Buying or selling a business
- Legal due diligence
- Venture capital and management buyouts
- Business start-up advice – including company and partnership formation
- Shareholder agreements
- Joint ventures
- Corporate restructuring
- Raising finance
- Public offerings, rights issues and placings
Covering everything and anything to do with structuring and negotiating commercial agreements, and helping you to make informed decisions when you are evaluating commercial matters.
- Terms and conditions of business
- Contractual disputes
- Agency and distribution agreements
- Licensing arrangements
- Competition law
- Intellectual property
- Regulatory issues such as data protection, competition and freedom of information